Board of Directors
Donna Lexa Art Centers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are governed by a volunteer board of directors.
Stephanie Ohlfs. Chair
Alyssa Schoenwaelder, Vice Chair
Sue Loesl, Secretary
Andrew Thomas, Treasurer
Joe Randa, Honorary Member
Are You Interested in Becoming a Member of DLAC’s Board of Directors?
The following is a list of qualifications and responsibilities of the members of our Board:
Board Goal: Help to ensure effective and fiscally-sound programs and operations by providing vision, leadership, and direction as a board member.
- Commitment to the mission and programs of the organization
- Specific experience or knowledge in at least one management area or a field related to the organization’s programs or services
- Ability to work in a team
- Adequate time availability
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and liabilities of serving on the Board.
- Prepare for each Board meeting by reading material distributed prior to the meeting.
- Attend all regular and special Board meetings and participate in the proceedings.
- Serve actively on at least one committee—finance, board development, or fund raising.
- Maintain knowledge of current programs of the organization.
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization, meeting the guidelines determined by the Board.
- Participate in the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Share resources and talents, as well as expertise and contacts.
- Serve as an advocate of the organization to various constituent groups.
- Be accessible, at least by phone, to Directors, committee members, and the Executive Director.
- Contribute at least two hours per month by attending Board and committee meetings, participating in Board-related activities, fulfilling committee assignments, etc.
- Fulfill commitments within the agreed-upon deadlines.
- Be loyal to the organization.
- Hold in confidence any proprietary information given to Board Directors.
- Take initiative and provide leadership.
- Identify individuals for service on the Board or its committees.
If interested, please contact our Executive Director, Rosemary Pearson, at firstname.lastname@example.org!