PROGRAMS & CLASSES
The Donna Lexa Art Centers enrich the lives of our students in our three studio locations, through our contract outreach classes, and through limited-term classes.
The Power of Art
There will be a new class at our West Milwaukee Center on Fridays. For more information about this class, Click Here.
Ongoing Art Therapy Classes
Women’s Group Class
Art therapy is an expressive therapy that utilizes the creation of art as means of communication, which promotes self-expression and healing. Art therapy focuses on the journey through art making, rather than the product that’s created. This principle is what allows art therapy to serve a wide variety of abilities both physically and cognitively.
Together we will explore concepts such as introspection, empowerment, self-efficacy, and decision making. Thee class will begin with an altered book process that will be made into an autobiography in which the students will have the ability to create works of art about their life. the students will have the freedom to choose materials and the composition of their work. This process will help students get in touch with their feelings, wants and needs as an empowered woman with a disability.
Classes are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 3:30-5 pm.
This art therapy group class is solely open to women ages 18 and up.
Ongoing Classes at our Studio Locations
- Art classes are $22 per class session per person, effective August 1, 2015.
- Classes are held throughout the week at all three of our centers located in Waukesha, West Bend and West Milwaukee.
- Class sessions are two hours in length, and class sizes are typically 6-12 students.
- Upon acceptance to our program each student will meet with our Program Director and art therapist, who will perform an evaluation/assessment, which allows us to best meet the needs of each student and determine the optimal class placement.
Current Classes at Our Studios
- Mondays 3:30-5:30 pm and 6-8 pm
- Tuesdays 10 am-12 pm and 6:30-8:30 pm weekly, and 2nd & 4th Tues. of month 3:30-5:30 pm
- Wednesdays 6-8 pm
- Thursdays 10 am-12 pm and 1-3 pm, and 1st and 3rd Thurs. of the month 3:30-5 pm
West Milwaukee location:
- Tuesdays 9:30-11:30 am and 12:30-2:30 pm
- Wednesdays 9:30-11:30 am and 12:30-2:30 pm
West Bend location:
- Tuesdays 4-6 pm
We provide art classes at locations where people with special needs live and receive services. An outreach class costs $125 per class for a group of up to eight participants, with small additional charges for additional participants. We currently can provide a free sample class to a limited number of community locations within Washington County.
Want to Register for a Class, or Have Questions?
A summary of the class sessions and locations will be provided upon request.
The Donna Lexa Art Centers does not discriminate in its policies or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.