Art Therapist/Program Coordinator
Part-time position, 25-30 hours per week, some evening and weekend hours required, reports to Executive Director
Required: Master’s Degree in Art Therapy, Registered Art Therapist (ATR) Credential.
Preferred: supervisory experience, experience working with special needs population.
- Meet with student and/or caregiver(s)
- Perform assessment and assist in completion of requisite forms
- Address current student evaluation practices and reporting
- Evaluate and place student in class/classes with appropriate teacher and peer group
- Re-address student wants and needs over time, i.e. checking in with individuals periodically, evaluate student class placement with teacher input
- Coordinate with caregiver, social workers, aids, and community team members as needed
- Assist in outreach to promote DLCAC classes to appropriate community segments.
Teacher liaison/Internship Coordinator:
- Supervise all teachers, complete yearly teacher and site evaluations (Waukesha, West Bend, West Milwaukee), report to director
- Hold team meetings for staff/volunteers/interns every two months
- Team meetings include general housekeeping, staffing of student issues, address teachers’ needs, share project ideas, student evaluations and reports, etc.
- Facilitate bi-annual staff in-service/training (in combination with team meeting) that support special needs of population (i.e. grief and loss, self-esteem, domestic and sexual abuse, bullying, women’s needs, etc…)
- Maintain professional relationship with local colleges and universities in regard to their Art Therapy programs, attend supervisor in-services, and complete necessary paperwork for scheduling and accepting interns
- Interview and place interns within Donna Lexa programs, provide weekly supervision (2 hours/20 hours of internship), evaluate intern progress
Studio Classroom/Art therapy Duties
- Facilitate art therapy workshops (psychoeducation focused) based on student needs at each site and rotating through all classes, ensuring that all students have access to art therapy services throughout each calendar year.
- Maintain allotment of classes as needed based on program needs and teacher availability.
- As needed, provide classroom coverage in emergency situations or coordinate cancellation of classes with Office Manager should coverage not be available
- Maintain DLCAC Gallery, lead coordination of exhibitions and receptions with Office Manager, pursue and coordinate exhibition opportunities in community